Thursday, February 17, 2011

Crimson Tide Turned Tree Killers

It's hard to believe that a rivalry can take such drastic turns. It's one thing to kidnap the mascot or TP the frat house, but killing 130 year old campus oak trees... that's just mean. This is exactly what happened at Toomer's Corner at Auburn University, the place where students, alumni and Tiger fans roll the trees after team victories. I've been there, I've rolled Toomer's, and for someone to kill those trees is just mean. Did I mention the guy who did it most likely went to Alabama, he called into a radio show and said, "Roll Damn Tide" before hanging up, the phrase used by Alabama fans. All I have to say, War Eagle!

I hope the trees survive, if not, the guilty is facing up to 10 years in jail... interesting since Michael Vick killed dogs not trees and didn't get that much time.

No comments:

Post a Comment